[clue-tech] Great installfest today

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat May 13 21:18:30 MDT 2006

Those of you who missed out, eat your hearts out!

A big round of applause for Dave Anselmi who took over at the last
moment. A number of contented users left with installed and running
systems - a couple of Debian Etches, an FC5, and one user fixed up his
Fluxbox on a Gentoo system. A little bit of hardware debugging as
well. Thanks to all who participated.

Now if we only had a place to hold the occasional fest that isn't on
the dark side of the moon (no offence to you Northerners). At least
it's not downtown.

FYI for Dave. I put your CD to good use.

I'm up and running from Debian Etch. Very little effort other than
waiting for 128 KDE packages to install. My latest experiment includes
running Seamonkey (the Mozilla continuation). If you try that at home,
you need to install the libstdc++5 package and its dependancies.
Seamonkey isn't quite up to so.6 level like the rest of Etch.

>From a Kubuntu (Dapper 6.06) viewpoint, Etch is just a little
downlevel for the packages I am accustomed to (KDE, Postgres, etc.).

--
Collins Richey