[clue-tech] Help with openMosix on Debian

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sat Sep 9 13:21:38 MDT 2006

Anyone here have any experience with creating an openMosix kernel on
Debian?  I know there are instructions on how to do it, but the
instructions indicate using debian packages that no longer exist.  I
tracked down the stuff I thought I needed, but I guess I'm just not
experienced enough with compiling kernels to really know what I'm doing
or what the instructions are implying.

Also, my Debian systems are 2.6 based, not 2.4 based.  The stable
openMosix kernel is 2.4... if I install a 2.4 kernel into my system will
there be any problems?  I vaguely remember having a few glitches when I
had both a 2.6 and a 2.4 kernel on the same machine because they require
different things at boot.

Angelo