[clue-tech] Re: Upstart/shutdown

Joey Stanford joey at stan4d.net
Sun Sep 17 10:06:22 MDT 2006

Collins (et al),

So far I've been unscathed by any issues surrounding Upstart and
Tear-down (which is actually mighty surprising for me).  It still works
perfect on my desktop and laptop using the latest code base.

Keep your eyes peeled for future enhancements.

To echo my previous comments, Dapper is the long term supported release,
Edgy will not be quite as stable (and I dare say Edgy +1 will be in the
same category).  Stick with Dapper and enable the BACKPORTS repository
to keep a stable system with more recent applications being delivered to
you.

As a side note, the release of Firefox Bon Echo Beta 2 seems to have
fixed that nasty bug I was seeing at the meeting.

Joey