[clue-tech] Shoot other foot

Jack Parker jack.parker4 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 19 10:14:09 MDT 2006

How in the heck?  FC4 was locked up this morning.  Rebooted only to get
Something like this:

ERROR opening /dev/console!!!!: 2
error dup2'ing fd of 0 to 0
error dup2'ing fd of 0 to 1
error dup2'ing fd of 0 to 2
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
exec of init (/sbin/init) failed!!!!: 2

Googling around, nothing very useful, but then going into rescue mode I see
that my root device is toast.  Other partitions (boot, swap, opt) are ok,
but fsck can't find the superblock on /dev/sda3 - which is of course root.

There is nothing wrong with the hardware.  How did this happen?

I guess I'll re-install on /dev/sda3 - all of the important stuff is on
other devices anyway.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Jack Parker