[clue-tech] Thunderbird & IMAP

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Apr 23 23:58:21 MDT 2007

On 4/23/07, Mike Staver <staver at fimble.com> wrote:
> I'm running Thunderbird 2.0 against my CentOS 3.X system, which runs
> Sendmail with IMAP and POP3 support enabled. I also have a blackberry
> which uses POP3 and polls the server every 15 minutes or so I've found.
>   But what happens is that my blackberry seems to take a hold of my
> mailbox so that even if I leave Thunderbird on 24/7, I'm unable to get
> new messages on it.

You sure your Blackberry is set to "leave messages on server" via POP3?

Sounds like they're getting copied down to the BB and deleted from the server.

Do you still see them in your mbox or maildir directory after the BB
gets them if you look by hand?

I've been picking on an engineer and friend at RIM for years about
proper IMAP support... they supposedly did add some form of it
recently, sometime within the last year or so?  It sounded hoakey, but
workable.

Nate