[clue-tech] CentOS 5 update problems

Dan Poler dpoler at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 15:55:15 MDT 2007

From the errors you're receiving it would seem that the files are not
coming off of the yum repo properly. I'm not sure what to tell you -- I
was able to download, for example,
http://centos-distro.cavecreek.net/centos/5.0/updates/i386/RPMS/vim-minimal-7.0.109-3.el5.3.i386.rpm
and run 'rpm -qip' against it and see that it was a valid, good package.
The files seem good, but they're not getting to you good.

What happens if you download the above rpm and apply it with 'rpm -Uvh',
or verify it with 'rpm -qip' ?

If your media were bad, or the fact that it's ESX, I suspect you'd have
far larger problems than this...

dap

--
Dan Poler, RHCE