[clue-tech] CentOS 5 update problems

Mark G. Harvey markgharvey at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 15:27:21 MDT 2007

Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.  My replies below.

Mark

--- Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> I think the problem here is that there is a proxy in the way and it's
> not handling the mirror redirection right.
>
> See:
>
> http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq
> (question 5)

my script to check the firewall & proxy issue ...

# echo -e "TRACE / HTTP/1.1\nHost: yum-server.example.com\n\n" | nc yum-server.example.com 80

# my two mirror site choices
# http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/i386/RPMS/
# http://centos-distro.cavecreek.net/centos/5.0/updates/i386/RPMS/

echo -e "TRACE / HTTP/1.1\nHost: mirror.centos.org\n\n" | nc mirror.centos.org 80
echo -e "TRACE / HTTP/1.1\nHost: centos-distro.cavecreek.net\n\n" | nc
centos-distro.cavecreek.net 80

results ...

HTTP/1.1 200 OK