[clue-tech] Hosted Exchange

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 16:48:02 MST 2007

Google Apps is unfortunately not a good fit

"We currently support the email migration feature for
archives that are hosted on Microsoft Exchange Server
2003, Cyrus IMAP Server, Courier-IMAP, and Dovecot. We
plan to support more configurations over time. Visit
the Google Apps Technical Support Services Guidelines
for more information."

We're on Exchange 2000.

"Can I migrate public folders from an Exchange server?

We don't currently recommend migrating public folders.
If you choose to transfer a public folder, each user
account will receive a copy of all mail in the shared
folders that he/she has access to. These messages will
be independent, and won't behave as shared folders in
Gmail."

I also didn't see any mention of distribution lists or
shared accounts.