[clue-tech] God save us from "user-friendly" distros

Thu Feb 15 13:02:44 MST 2007

What is the Ubuntu equivalent of YAST2 or the "system-config-" suite of utitilities?  I
have three NICs, I opted to configure only one during Ubuntu 6.10 Server setup.  I am a
dumb-ass, because now I can't figure out how to bring the other two online.

Next: Where do I start learning about channel-bonding?  I want all these NICs to share
the load as one.  (A NIC trinity!  :-))

Next: rsync rocks.  Oh, that's not a question, is it...  OK, parted rocks.  dangit.  One
more try:  grip abso-friggin-lutely rocks.  OK, I give up, I didn't really have a third
question.

Did you know that RHEL 5 beta 2 is a public FTP download?  No?  Now you do.  OK, that's
my third question.

I should start a blog.

Nevermind, I only have something to say every six or eight weeks...

:-)

David L. Willson
Trainer/Engineer/Consultant
MCT, MCSE, Linux+