[clue-tech] Switching to Qwest DSL soon, any suggestions?

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Tue Jun 12 11:50:51 MDT 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 10:26, Keith Christian wrote:
> My broadband provider is raising rates, and I've not been too happy with
> the service lately, so I'm switching to Qwest DSL at the house.  Hope I'm
> not making a mistake.
>
> The rep at the Qwest store said that the install would not work with Linux
> or Macintosh, but only with Windows - my assumption is, that is for the MSN
> "service."
>
> I expect that as soon as the DSL is activated, I'll plug in the wireless
> router to the DSL modem and it will "just work."  Am I wrong?  What will be
> needed on my two Linux machines to work with the Qwest DSL connection,
> anything?  I don't plan to use any MSN features like email, etc.  All I
> want is the internet connection.

This sounds like the same crap I was given from Verizon about them
only "supporting" windoze and mac...

The only tricky bits is to get past the BS where they _have to_ ask you about
your system(s) and then tell you that,  to get the needed info,  like what
the URLs are for the mailservers,  your personal web space,  etc.  I got
lucky one time,  got a guy on the phone who ran linux at home,  but I'll
likely never talk to him again,  unfortunately.

-
M Dakin