[clue-tech] Switching to Qwest DSL soon, any suggestions?

Hani Duwaik kiawud at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:50:24 MDT 2007

Just to throw in my two cents.  I have Qwest DSL ... without MSN.  It's
basically just the DSL line and a static IP.  It works great with Linux and
Mac OSX (I don't allow Windows at home anymore ;).
They also provided me a DSL modem (for a monthly charge).  However, for some
odd reason, I've had problems with the modem.  Seems using the Actiontec
modem, I can get a nice ~7Mbps connection, but after visiting a few
websites, the connection seems to slow down (almost to a crawl ... probably
some stupid DNS caching issues).

I switched to a Zoom ADSL modem and, although I can only get a ~4Mbps
connection, it's stable and consistent.

In any case, if you ask Qwest for a simple DSL/IP service, they should
comply (not sure who/why they insist on MSN).

HTH,

-Hani
--
"If, of the many truths, you select only one and follow it blindly, it will
become a falsehood, and you a fanatic."