[clue-tech] Switching to Qwest DSL soon, any suggestions?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 18:13:03 MDT 2007

On 6/17/07, mike havlicek <mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I ran both Qwest DSL and Comcast cable based service
> and benchmarked it over a period of a month. Qwest
> lied. I now use small business service from Comcast
> out of my home. You get at least one static IP that
> you can NAT or IP Masquerade. Whatever is your
> favorite term.
>
> Its high bandwidth, somewhat dedicated and you can
> pretty much do whatever you like and its not all that
> expensive.

If you don't mind, what is the basic cost of the commercial dedicated
ip address product?

I use the standard Comcast (no fixed ip, restrictions on what you are
allowed to do. the older slower still blazing speed) at $56 bucks a
month. Since I have no need to run a server outside of my own private
net, I've never looked at the cost of other options.

--
Collins Richey