[clue-tech] wrt54g v3 problem

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Sun Mar 4 13:03:22 MST 2007

> 1. I have a v3 box. At least one other who responded has a v1.1 box.
> Are the alternative firmware solutions equally usable for all vxx of
> the wrt54g series? If not, what are the differences?

When you drill down to a specific version of the firmware, there is a list
of hardware it's compatible with, in a file called hwsupport.txt

example:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fdd-wrt.v23+SP2/

As to what are all the benefits, I would recommend just doing it and see
for yourself. I'm happy with the default, but I've noticed there are
around 700 installable packages for DD-WRT.

Link near the bottom of the page.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tutorials

Erik Z