[clue-tech] wrt54g v3 problem

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Mon Mar 12 09:07:33 MDT 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Brian Gibson wrote:

>As a related side note, I was helping my boss with his home network
>this weekend.  A firmware update wiped the settings for his router.
>In any case, we called Verizon DSL to get the configuration settings
>(since any record of it was misplaced), and I ended up dealing with
>one of the most competent techs I had the pleasure of working with over
>the phone.  A rare breed but they're out there.

My current theory is that calling after hours (after 6pm Denver time)
gets you to the real techs faster, as the customer "service" "reps" that
you usually have to work through and past have gone home.

Calling after hours has gotten me to a DSL tech at Qwest who actually
knew what was going on.  I had to claim to be using Windows XP, and have
a single ethernet connection directly to my Cisco 675, but that was more
of a "wink wink, nudge nudge" thing with the Real Techs than it is with
the on-hours customer "service" "reps".

I guess I'm defining "knows what's going on" as "doesn't need to follow
the Official Flowchart to be able to say something that makes sense".

--
Bruce Ediger
720-932-1954
eballen1 at qwest.net