[clue-tech] Acer Aspire AS6530-5195 laptop at NewEgg

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 20:00:07 MST 2008

I have an Aspire 5050-3371 from that I picked up at a Wal-Mart. This model has a Broadcom wireless LAN that was notoriously unsupported on SuSE and RedHat distributed kernels as of around March 2007. (I rarely run Linux on this machine) . The wired LAN is a Realtek RTL8139/810x which can be supported on Linux. I could not get RHEL 4 64bit to run on it. (Novell)SuSE 64 bit worked ok (except the wireless).

-Mike