[clue-tech] LXDE -- New Desktop for Old/Slow Machines

Louis Miller veganguy at canadaseek.com
Mon Jul 7 20:12:45 MDT 2008

Dear Jed,

     The one I wanted to use was Fluxbuntu, but I couldn't get accurate information on the website about when they were releasing new versions. It seemed underfunded. There was supposed to be some bugs to it. What version of Linux do you fly? I think you said it was Fedora Core 6 or something like that?

     I tried xfce, and with the newest one, I couldn't reconfigure the screen resolution. I think you have to do it with the command line. That might be a good idea for a topic for a future LUG presentation, about lightweight window managers, but it might be over my head.

Louis