[clue-tech] Installfest wrap up.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Jul 26 15:00:36 MDT 2008

Collins Richey wrote:
> As soon as he gets Linux running, he will discover whether or not his
> winmodem will work. He's been looking for a cheap external modem.
> Sigh, how many years has it been since any of us have needed to setup
> a modem.

I actually did that recently.  I have a few real (internal) modems in
use but I don't know how hard it is to get them anymore.  But a friend
has a Connexant that I set up for him.  There's a proprietary Linux
driver that Dell provides for him and that worked.  But I haven't
verified what speed he gets with it.