[clue-tech] mount second hard drive

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Jun 24 06:57:18 MDT 2008

--> dentistry only involves pulling teeth, this is more like pulling magic out of a hat, so why do dentists make the big bucks? <--

# cd /bin/sbin
# ./vgscan --mknodes
./vgscan: unrecognized option `--mknodes'
Logical Volume Manager 1.0.3
Heinz Mauelshagen, Sistina Software  19/02/2002 (IOP 10)

vgscan -- scan for available volume groups for use by LVM

vgscan [-d|--debug]
        [-f/--force_numbers]
        [-h/--help]
        [-r/--remove_snapshots [VgNameToRemoveSnapshotsFrom]]
        [-v/--verbose]

# ./vgscan -mknodes
./vgscan: invalid option -- m
Logical Volume Manager 1.0.3
Heinz Mauelshagen, Sistina Software  19/02/2002 (IOP 10)

vgscan -- scan for available volume groups for use by LVM

vgscan [-d|--debug]
        [-f/--force_numbers]
        [-h/--help]
        [-r/--remove_snapshots [VgNameToRemoveSnapshotsFrom]]
        [-v/--verbose]

# lvm
bash: lvm: command not found
# /sbin/lvm
bash: /sbin/lvm: No such file or directory

# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume group

# vgchange -a y
vgchange -- no volume groups found

# ls /dev/mapper
ls: /dev/mapper: No such file or directory

# mount /dev/hdb1 /tmp2 (wasn't sure whether hdb1 needed to be mounted or not first)

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i - Internet Strategies & Solutions