[clue-tech] DSL modem issue?

Patrick H. clue at feystorm.net
Mon Oct 13 08:45:10 MDT 2008

Well, the first thing I'd look into is if there's a firmware update
available for your dsl modem. Just go to the manufacturer's web site and
look around.

Also, if its the prolonged uptime that the modem doesnt like, it sounds
like you have a router/modem combo, and some routers have an automatic
scheduled reboot which you might be able to do at midnight or some such
(its not a common feature though).

Also, if you want to purchase a modem from worst buy or somewhere, you
can try it for a while, see if the problem does go away, and then return
it. At least you'll figure out where the problem lies.

-Patrick