[clue-tech] VMware Server v2.0 out

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Fri Sep 26 11:29:05 MDT 2008

I recall a thread about VMware Server v1.0.x and the lack of a few items (or maybe it was the VMware ESX side?).  VMware Server v2.0.x is now out with the following items in the release notes:

http://www.vmware.com/support/server2/doc/releasenotes_vmserver2.html

Most noting for our use at Linux ETC is
- The increase from 3.7GB to 8GB RAM on the host system
- Native 64-bit Linux support on the host system.
- The VI is now web based to the host system and requires a plugin (that is Firefox friendly).

If one is still working with v1.0.x the VMware Console clients are still available as well.

--- Crawford