[clue-tech] Google Android

Peter Kuykendall peterkuykendall at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 17:35:05 MST 2009

>I was already a T-Mobile customer.  I took my new phone in to my dealer
> and had it turned on with the data plan.  The unlocked aspect is not
> just that I could use the phone with another service, it also means I
> can go in and tear up the OS.  I haven't tried any of that yet, but I
> intend to study on it.

Here's an interesting twist on the OS hacking aspect of Android:

http://mobile.pcworld.com/htmlsite/html_article.php?id=1&CALL_URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcworld.com%2Fbusinesscenter%2Farticle%2F156267%2Fstartup_founders_turn_android_into_desktop_os.html

Excerpt:

"Now, Matthaus Krzykowski and Daniel Hartmann, founders of the stealth
startup Mobile-facts, have found that you can take Google's smartphone
operating system, Android, and use it as a desktop operating system."