[clue-tech] Re: Google Android

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 07:05:32 MST 2009

On 01-08 23:55, erik at ezolan.com wrote:

> > I'm a web developer by day, so I too struggle with GUI stuff in apps that
> > are not web based - simply because I've never had to do it before. I have
> > an idea for an app that I want to put out on both the iPhone and Android,
> > so I'd be interested in a get together to sit with other Android
> > developers to learn some things.
>
> I'd be interested in something like that. I'm a complete newbie with some
> light programming/scripting experience though. So I need to take a shot at
> the G1 with what's available first.
>
> But I think an afternoon coding session would work. Anywhere where there's
> a bank of computers, or where we could bring our laptops...
>
> self todo list:
> Go through the tutorials
> Learn Eclipse

I haven't looked into what Android uses for GUI, but if it's using Swing,
you may want to consider Netbeans for the Matisse aspect. For GUI apps that
I do write, I use Netbeans for the GUI bits, and Eclipse for the other
classes, Ant, etc....

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com
I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day cause that means
it's going to be up all night.
		-- Steven Wright