[clue-tech] Messed up display, how to undo?

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Sat Jan 31 15:46:58 MST 2009

I tried to turn on an external display on my laptop, but now I can't boot into X.

The term window ends at "Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.login) {OK]"

I went to "Systems Settings" and "Monitors and Displays".  I logged in "Administrator Mode" and changed the "Hardware" tab.  I don't recall the setting exactly.  I'm wondering if I changed something for the LCD screen on the laptop versus the video out that I intended to connect the laptop to a digital projector.

Anyone have an idea what file and setting to look at to fix it so I can get back to KDE?  I'm running 8.04 Kubuntu.

Thank you!

Adrian

Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org