[clue-tech] unetbootin success.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Mar 22 19:05:10 MDT 2009

I mentioned that I couldn't get unetbootin to make a bootable flash
drive.  I got the one I had working by repartitioning and reformatting it.

The first time I tried to repartition it didn't work because I had a
udev rule that made a device for the first partition but not for the
whole device.  Obviously partitioning the first partition is not what I
wanted.  After fixing that cfdisk did fine and mkdosfs did the right thing.

I don't know why the other stick we tried had problems on my laptop.
Maybe it was too big (8GB) for the cfdisk and mkdosfs defaults to work.
  Maybe my BIOS doesn't understand a device that big.