[clue-tech] Missing Synaptic [was Re: Grab your coat, it'sstill on!]

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Nov 18 20:22:54 MST 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:49:59 -0700
Christopher Cross wrote:

> We need to see if synaptic is even installed

My conclusion from this message:
http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue-tech/2009-November/022033.html

Is that synaptic is installed. A command line invocation seems to cause
at least the start of instantiating a window (Gtk complaining about
config items, non-fatal), and end with a fatal symbol lookup error. A bit
later, Bill posted the output of ls -o /usr/lib/libpango* showing that at
least there are appropriate symbolic links for the libraries which seem
to be in play here. I have some suspicion of incorrect library versions,
but I don't know how to debug that.

I would be curious to know whether either of the suggestions I made here:
http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue-tech/2009-November/022034.html
could possibly resolve something like that. I can't think of any possible
breakage worse than the current situation happening from either
reinstalling or reconfiguring.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?