[clue-tech] Lost my WLAN device

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Mar 27 16:58:03 MDT 2010

Christopher J Pomasl wrote:
> Any good advice as to how to get my device back so I can get this
> configured?  I remember I had to jump through some hoops to get it
> working on Suse 11.1 and also 10.2. I think I messed something up when I
> was fishing for the right driver.

1) Next time you jump through hoops, write down what you did so you can do it again.

2) Don't muck with the driver to solve connection problems unless you have proof that you have the
wrong driver and that it is causing the problem.

3) Knowing that you messed up the driver, ask us (or Google) how to get the right driver for your
device.  If you'd told us you had a BCM4321 (with the implied SUSE 11.2) we'd have said:

http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Network_Adapters_(Wireless)/Broadcom_BCM43xx#Broadcom_STA_Driver

tells you how to install the driver.  If the easy way doesn't work, use the rest of the info to
figure out why and file a bug with the SUSE people.  You can ask back here if you don't understand
the rest of the info.

4) Tell us what you did and what happened so others will know how you fixed it.

HTH,