[clue-tech] how to make a bootable ISO from a factory recovery part?

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Sat Oct 23 14:53:29 MDT 2010

Mike,

So you want to keep the factory recovery partition on a CD and then
reformat the disk to install Linux on the whole thing?  I think those
factory recovery partitions sometimes depend on special support from the
BIOS.  Are you sure that your BIOS isn't integrally involved in the
recovery procedure for your system?  My point is that maybe to "recover"
the system, the recovery partition has to exist and be right where it is
now; having the files on the CD wouldn't work if the BIOS is looking on
the disk.

Sorry I'm not more help,
Jim