[clue-tech] Custom partition scheme?

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:16:04 MDT 2010

(Sorry I missed the installfest, had to work, hope it went well!)

Hopefully this isn't too much of a new guy question to ask, but I figure how's the time to make mistakes while I'm still planning.  I've cobbled together some HW with the intention of using it as a backup server. As it turns out, unless you do a custom partition scheme, Fedora uses logical volumes as OS disks. Given the context, I don't really understand what's to be gained from LVMs. So I thought I'd ask for advice on partitioning schemes.  Currently I've got a 5GB root, a 250MB boot, a 2GB swap, and the largest drive completely held over for /home.  All advice is appreciated.

Mike Bean