[clue-tech] Standalone Linux flash player executable?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Sep 21 19:41:15 MDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 21:10 -0600, marcus hall wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 04:47:54PM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> >
> > http://www.graphics-muse.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=BeagleBox.BeagleBox

> That's a lot of work to be doing just yourself.  Good progress so far!

What I've done so far isn't the hard stuff.  Putting together a good UI
and making sure video playback performs well will take some effort.

> Have you looked at the PopBox hardware?

I'm not interested in other hardware.  I'm primarily interested in
BeagleBoard because of the OMAP chip.  It's got good support from TI and
has a lot of potential.  BeagleBoard is a reference design that utilizes
that chip and there are a number of 3rd party boards that are cheaper in
production numbers.

> Not that you want to start over of course, but with this sort of thing
> entering the market, I think it validates the direction that you are
> heading.

Not actually trying to enter the market.  Just making it cuz I want it.
It's a DIY project for anyone who wants to try and understand small
embedded devices from a distro perspective (and maybe a little lower and
a little higher level than that).

> Good luck!

Thanks!
--