[clue-tech] Application support / further development

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Sep 29 17:29:44 MDT 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:10:04 -0600 (MDT)
David L. Willson wrote:

> My opinion is that CLUE (all lists) don't generate enough traffic for
> me to notice, much less get annoyed about, even at their heaviest. I
> think it's vain and counter-productive to sub-divide this rivulet of
> email traffic. To me, the simplicity of fewer lists is a feature worth
> the cost of getting a few messages that I don't care about. I care
> about the CLUEbies behind the messages and that's enough, for me.

The system we currently use accomodates both people who prefer to be
selective about what they receive, and those who don't.

Those who don't care about being selective can simply subscribe to all
the lists. It isn't hard to do. You can have your e-mail client just dump
all the messages into the same folder even.

People who do wish to be selective in what they receive can also have it
their way.

Changing to a single list accomodates only the 1st type. I prefer we
leave it the way it is.

jed

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?