[clue-tech] Application support / further development

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:11:54 MDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> I'll be the 4th on the "willing to change" list, Dave, Collins, and Mike.
>
> My opinion is that CLUE (all lists) don't generate enough traffic for me to notice, much less get annoyed about, even at their heaviest. I think it's vain and counter-productive to sub-divide this rivulet of email traffic. To me, the simplicity of fewer lists is a feature worth the cost of getting a few messages that I don't care about. I care about the CLUEbies behind the messages and that's enough, for me.
>
> David L. Willson
> Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
> MCT MSCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
> tel://720.333.LANS
> Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness
>
> ----- "David L. Anselmi" <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
>
>> Collins Richey wrote:
>> > You will only aggravate the long term purists who shudder when
>> > something goes to the "wrong" list. I'm in agreement with you -
>> linux
>> > related job offers should be perfectly fine on this list instead of
>> > being shunted off to a list/service that many of you have never
>> heard
>> > of.
>>
>> Feel free to form a consensus for a new list policy and document that
>> on the list info page.

I recommend the following list setup:

1. clue-tech - anything vaguely related to linux or free software
including job opportunities. I for one don't even care if a cluebie
needs help with Windows stuff. You never know when you can develop a
convert by politely offering your expertise.
2. clue-talk - all OT stuff, flame wars, religion, politics etc.
3. clue-admin - for topics related to admining the sites
4. clue-announce - I don;t care one way or the other. I've never
subscribed. If this is of value, someone can speak up.
5. clue-jobs - fagedaboutit.

My $.01 (probably not up to the usual $.02).
Those who care can vote or provide another proposal or vote for
maintaining the current rigid setup.

--
Collins Richey