[clue-tech] Application support / further development

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Sep 29 20:19:39 MDT 2010

David L. Willson wrote:
> I'll be the 4th on the "willing to change" list, Dave, Collins, and Mike.

I only count 3--you, Collins, and Jim.

> My opinion is that CLUE (all lists) don't generate enough traffic for me to notice, much less get
> annoyed about, even at their heaviest.

I see that for the past few months there has been very little -talk traffic.  I unsubscribed a while
ago because there was way too much noise.  But even though it's low volume I'm still not interested
in the topic so I won't resubscribe.

BLUG goes through similar bouts of noisy-ness.  But their list policy doesn't prohibit such things
so I don't complain.  Here I do complain because we've told people what to expect and if we don't
police ourselves we'll be liars.  It isn't personal, nor related to my interest in any particular post.

Unfortunately we don't have a protocol for voting about such things.  Shall we adopt the way Debian
does things?

(That's a joke, their resolution process is industrial strength.)

So how about this:

1) create a survey or voting page
2) for each list, ask whether it should remain or be merged into -tech
3) announce the vote on all lists
4) count the votes at a specified time after a 1 week voting period
5) rejoice at how happy everyone is when ruled by the tyranny of the majority
6) achieve world domination

Or Dennis could just issue an executive order and all who don't like it can volunteer to be president.