[clue] python (function return array) [programming]

Nick Pascucci npascut1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 19:38:41 MST 2011

Hi Mike,

You can return lists just like any other variable in Python. When you
iterate over it, just remember that the returned value was a list, and not
a single value. You don't need to make it into a tuple or wrap it in
another list like in your example. Here's a demo for you:

def foo():
    return ["baz", "bar", "quux"]

my_list = foo()
for x in my_list:
    print x  # Prints "baz\nbar\nquuz"

If you do like in your example, and put my_list = [foo()] you'll have a
list of lists containing your desired list. Probably not what you're
looking for.

Hope that helps,
Nick