[clue] [OT] Comment about contentious subjects

Wed Feb 9 14:45:38 MST 2011

...I'm with those who vote that this entire topic be taken off-list...

Me too, and in fact at the formal vote, it was inherent that off-topic posting would be prohibited on the "the one list". But enforcing that, asking folks to STFU or even take it outdoors seems not to be having the desired effect. Proof that they weren't raised by ~my~ parents. That being the case, the next best thing I could offer normal CLUEbies was a short "how to install a basic noise-filter".

For those that may not be familiar with Godwin's Law, mentioned a moment ago in response to Kevin's post, here's a link:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/

Please, folks, let's be patient with each other. Remember that it takes all kinds. Our object is to revive the group, to make it more useful, more welcoming, a better "first home" for Denver's Linux newbies, and a better permanent home for Denver's Linux oldbies. Sometimes that means waiting a bit while another person learns what's normal, accepted behavior for a community like this.

I suppose if it keeps up too long, we can unsubscribe the more energetic participants, and that'll be that, but I'm loathe to suggest it casually.