[clue] [JOBS]System76

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 13:55:56 MDT 2011

I received this from Kevin Friez. Anyone want to work for System76?

I'm hiring for two new positions @ System76. See the position definitions below. Feel free to email me directly if you're interested. - carl at system76.com Carl Richell
System76

######### Support Tech ###############

Position: Customer Support Technician
Location: Denver, CO (Office Based)
Hours: Full Time, Monday through Friday

Please send resumes to careers at system76.com Description

System76 is hiring a Customer Support Technician to join our team in delivering unparalleled service and support.

We are seeking motivated individuals who are excited about Open Source Software and Ubuntu. You like working with people and take pride in resolving tough problems. Support tech's interact with System76 customers through email, phone, and online forums.  You'll also be active in product testing, reporting, and quality.

Required skills and experience

Experience troubleshooting Ubuntu hardware
Deep understanding of computer components and troubleshooting techniques
Demonstrated participation in the open source community (forums, LoCo,
mailing list)
Active in brining new people to Ubuntu
A strong desire to help users who are brand new to Ubuntu and Open Source
Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Desirable skills and experience

Experience with Python, C, or other programming languages
A+ or Ubuntu Professional Certification

######### Software Engineer ##############

Position: Software Engineer (Web Development)
Location: Denver, CO (Office Based)

Please send resumes to careers at system76.com Description

Role summary

System76 is hiring a Software Engineer to develop internal and customer facing web based technologies.

We are looking for someone who loves technology and loves their work. You're motivated and you desire to be an integral part of a growing company. You take challenges head on. You are active in the development community. You know your trade and you take pride in the finished product. You understand that quality code is important but quality presentation (UI) is essential. Your objective: create the next-generation OEM web presence fully integrated with back office and manufacturing operations.

Key responsibilities and accountabilities

Extending and integrating existing open source web applications to create the technologies that run the day-to-day operations of System76

Development of customer facing web UI's

Sand box testing and deployment of new website features and technologies

Responsible for website scalability and performance

Responsible for website maintenance including updating content and adding new products and pages

Required skills and experience

3+ years PHP and Python development experience
Experience creating and utilizing web based API's
Experience building, deploying and maintaining websites
Experience customizing and creating themes
Expert understanding of HTML and CSS
AJAX experience
Familiarity with JavaScript frameworks
Understanding of computers and computer components

Desirable skills and experience

Search engine optimization
Social network integration
Involvement in the open source software community
PCI compliance
Online fraud prevention methods and tools