[clue] Anyone using PMD with Hudson/Jenkins?

Richard Knechtel richard.knechtel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:55:38 MDT 2011

Sorry, I guess I should have qualified more. I didn't know if there were any
developers (Java?) on this list or not but I figured there might be.

We use Jenkins/Hudson to do continuous builds and nightly builds of code. We
use Maven as the "build tool" within Jenkins/Hudson and we use the Maven PMD
plugin to do source code analysis. We use these in a Java development
environment. See descriptions and URL references below.

Maven is a developers build tool similar to Ant both are Apache projects.
They are similar to make in 'C'. They take source code - compile and package
it up.
http://maven.apache.org/
http://ant.apache.org/

PMD is a Static Analysis tool for scanning Java source code for possible
bugs, dead code, duplicate code, possible security problems etc..
http://pmd.sourceforge.net/

Jenkins/Hudson is a Continuous Integration server - it is used to support
building and testing development projects.
http://jenkins-ci.org/
http://hudson-ci.org/

Thanks,
Richard Knechtel
Senior Programmer
Church Mutual Insurance Company
e-mail: rknechtel at churchmutual.com

Yes, I'm a former Denver resident and Cluebie who moved - but still keeps up
with Clue.