[clue] too much mail (was Re: PLEASE UN-SUBSCRIBE ME!)

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Thu Jun 2 09:06:13 MDT 2011

I'm not a huge fan of the many mailing lists model.  But I am sensitive to
the huge volume problem.  Maybe two lists would be valuable: Original-Mail
and Everything-Else.   Original-Mail would carry only initial submissions to
the list.  Replies and all other mail would be directed to the everything
else list.   In this way announcements and initial requests for help would
be seen by subscribers to the Original-Mail list. Anyone interested in the
full discussion could subscribe to both lists.

 A valuable adjunct to this would be a mail archive.
Which is, of course, already a feature of Mail man and is available at
http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue/
<http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue/>

chris