[clue] Future directions for Ubuntu Studio

Lorin Ricker Lorin at RickerNet.us
Mon Jun 6 16:50:11 MDT 2011

I certainly agree that "lighter is better" with UI's... And while I
generally applaud Canonical's good intentions to attract more folks to
Linux (which seems to be the driving motivation behind Unity), I'm
noticing that C's insistence on a release every 6 months (whether we
need it or not) is starting to prove counterproductive, especially if
the next release breaks more than it helps!

So, I'm still hopeful to stick with Ubuntu Studio if/as that distro team
commits to XFCE -- if that doesn't pan out (over the next months or
years), I may have to move to another, more stable distro.

Progress is good.  Change for the sake of change... not so much.  Maybe
Canonical should consider slowing down!?...
-- Lorin