[clue] Future directions for Ubuntu Studio

Mon Jun 6 17:16:56 MDT 2011

My opinion would be "Hell, no! Canonical/Ubuntu should not slow down."

We ~have~ Ubuntu LTS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and it's many, many derivatives, and real Debian for mature and stable.

Interim releases, in Ubuntu, Fedora, and OpenSUSE, are ~supposed~ to be about trying out new things and seeing what happens!

I don't personally like Unity, either, but that's not relevant, I think. Interim releases are about trying new things, stretching into new functional areas, and doing what's never been done before.

That feature-stretching/testing/exploring ~should~ be done in Fedora 15 (GNOME 3.0) and Ubuntu 11.04 (Unity), or else where would it be?

<...>
>  Maybe
> Canonical should consider slowing down!?...
> -- Lorin
<...>