[clue] [TALK] Ulitimate home for the CLUE Website

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:07:55 MDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Raymond DeRoo <rderoo at deroo.net> wrote:
> Shawn--
>
>> If you JUST did it, then you caught me upgrading drupal to 7.2.
>
> Sure thing. I'm not opposed to people willing to try and get this working. Though as a few others have noted, this has been *MONTHS* in process and the club sill has little to show in the way of we functioning website. Truthfully, the old once performed much better than what we have seen thus far. As the site has now been on two different servers, I have a hard time believing this is a "hardware issue" and really just feel that drupal is the wrong choice.

Of course the old site performs better. It consists of static pages
that can only be updated via a cumbersome process. You are correct
that MONTHS are involved in the process of working with Drupal. The
reasoning behind Drupal is simple.

1. Several volunteers wanted to work with it.
2. Lots of people use it.
3. It provides forums, blogs, calendars, etc., and some of the
volunteers believe that these functions have value.
4. At the end of the process, we will have more people trained to deal
with the site and it will be easier to do routine work.
5. If in doubt, see number 1.

We were not aware that the site would be problematic on our existing
VPSlink server, so that resulted in some flailing about. Except for a
known hardware condition and some upgrades, the current development
server (not a VPSlink setup) is performing well. As of a few minutes
ago the response times were sub-second.

--
Collins Richey