[clue] Nuttiness over Natty Unity

Lorin Ricker Lorin at RickerNet.us
Tue May 3 15:17:33 MDT 2011

It's all about *choice*, folks.  Ubuntu's just added something new to
the GUI mix, and admittedly it's "version 1.0" (or maybe even "0.5").
With use and feedback, it might get better... or maybe it won't.  *You*
get to choose whether to play or not... If you try it and don't like it,
you can change your mind, and your GUI.

While Natty's "inviting" you to take a look at Unity by default, it
certainly ain't holding a gun to your head...  Why all the uproar about
fielding something new?  I'd expect that the Linux/GNU/FOSS community
would *welcome* new advancements, even if it's ultimately not for you,
me or "them."

Who knows?  With work, it's at least conceivable that some future
evolution of Unity *might* attract new users to the Linux world?  Would
that be bad, even if *you* don't like it or use it?

respectfully,
   -- Lorin