[clue] Colorado Income Tax website uses SILVERLIGHT

Lorin Ricker Lorin at RickerNet.us
Tue May 3 19:31:03 MDT 2011

Our Colorado state government, absolutely (mis)guided by their
respective departmental IT cat-herds, is absolutely clueless about web
services and the client/browser technology needed to access *our*
resources and services.  I had a similar run-in with the Sec'y of
State's office last fall when I needed to file some liens -- couldn't
file or pay for them online *except* through IE (and they *preferred*
v6!!!).  Talking to their "help desk" was a joke.

Yes, Matt, this is totally unacceptable... But complaints will likely
fall on deaf bureaucratic, institutionalized, job-for-life-regardless
ears.  Best we can all do is cease and desist electing state idiots, and
get the rest fired somehow. D's and R's, reds and blues, libs and cons
alike.

Just my 2¢ worth.
   -- Lorin