[clue] Webserver's purpose

Shawn Perry shawn at redmop.com
Wed May 25 13:30:16 MDT 2011

How much security do we really need.  Everyone here doesn't reuse passwords,
right?  Right??

There is alot to be said about "it just works" IMHO, and the VPS doesn't
seem to have that.

It's a sysadmin's job to look at the back end adminy sttuff, sure, but they
also need to look at the user's perspective.  I think the users perspective
is often overlooked.  It's the user that actually uses the service, and if
that service isn't working as they expect, they won't use it, or will use it
improperly.

For example:  I don't use the cluedenver.org site at all.  It's not up do
date when I do check it, and I get the info I need from the mailing list.

Shawn T Perry
Red Mop Computing Services
email: shawn at redmop.com
office: 720-319-7627