[clue] Gnome Shell [TALK/opinion]

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 22:43:33 MDT 2012

Linux box is broke again.  Window manager isn't booting/starting.  Probably
try to troubleshoot it in a few days, but I must confess I'm losing
patience with Gnome Shell.  WANT to like it, but every time I try it,
something blows up.  I realize it's new and "innovative" and bound to have
struggles, but I was curious to ask some of the "lifers" if it was like
this when KDE broke itself.  (I seem to recall hearing many complaints
about KDE 4 and many of the impressions I'd gotten said that it took YEARS
for KDE to clean itself up to its current state.)  I realize there isn't
much sense in pointless speculation, but I can't help but wonder if this
isn't history repeating itself, and if it will be quite some time before
gnome shell recovers.

Bean