[clue] in my absence

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:59:59 MST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:

Just a few snips from your post.

> Please pardon my inappropriate use of this list. I haven't taken time to
> join CLUE-admin yet, but I want to get these things out there.

I don't consider this inappropriate at all, with one exception noted below.

> Here are my nominations, votes, and decisions f
>
> I intend to continue to be a contributing member of CLUE, for as long as
> there is a CLUE. I haven't reached my quit point, but I'm really close to my
> "fork" point.

That's a really sad note. I intend to continue to help CLUE wherever
possible, but I have not taste for forking off another club.

> I nominate Dave Anselmi for President. If that nomination is seconded, and
> he accepts, I vote for him, of course.

I certainly have no objection to that. If Dave is willing, so be it.

> I oppose turning CLUE into a governement-approved charity. In fact, I oppose
> the federal government deciding what constitutes charity and granting or
> with-holding preferential treatment for any reason, but I ~definitely~
> oppose participation, on principle.

Must of us, I'm sure, agree with that.

> I nominate Gus Calabrese for Treasurer. I think he's doing a fine job with
> the money.

Yes.

> Not so much with "keeping it pro" on this email list, and if it
> were up to me, he'd've been kicked from the list,

Neither this list nor the newly revived Admin list is appropriate for
this type of snide remarks. Take it up with Gus off-list. The concept
that my likes or dislikes of any given posts would lead to my asking
that a person be removed from the list is just totally foreign to me.
If a person can't be free to voice his opinions, why do we even have a
list?

> I nominate Will Sterling for Speaker Coordinator. He probably won't accept,
> but if he did accept, he'd do an awesome job of it.

No problem from my standpoint.

> I hope that someone will offer to head up a group of Drupalizers with the
> mission to ~complete~ a web-site upgrade (not just to ~work on~ one).

We discussed this last night, and the group is forming. We are
evaluating moving to a web hosting site that Dan controls. More of
this on the Admin list when I figure out how to join.

> I want Dennis to be re-imbursed from the CLUE treasury for his out-of-pocket
> expenses ASAP.

I believe this is already being handled.

--
Collins Richey