[clue] Dialup on Ubuntu 10.04, finally working.

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 00:59:39 MST 2012

I am a happy camper, since I got a dialup modem TFM 560 N, with Ubuntu 10.04.

There is a lot of advice out on the net, which (looking back) seems (way :-) wrong.
I finally found something that worked, using primarily Terminal command line.

Title:
How to Connect a Dial Up Modem in Ubuntu jaunty

Link:
http://ubuntulinux.co.in/blog/ubuntu/connect-a-dial-up-modem-in-ubuntu-jaunty-php/

It has been so long since I did any System Admin, that I hesitate to summarize;
also I just wanted to post, in case there are any install-fest newbies that need it.
I kept the essential parts of his, write-up, in case the above link disappears.
(I am not sure what "fair use" or copywrite is in this context.)

Yeah,
I will probably be getting broadband soon, or maybe not.

Rex