[clue] Website software, Simplify, Decouple

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 17:02:55 MST 2012

I agree with Paul Webb, consider simlifing by using HTML, which is a very easy language,
even for non-technical people. Keep the actual Web Pages simple, so any volunteer,
years from now, can take over.

Decouple both the Mailing List and the Forum from the web page, and from each other.
Make every effort to keep all 3 as simple as possible and well commented.
If each of the 3 were on different platforms, that would be even better.

The actual Web Page(s) do not need to be interactive. They need to be accurate and up to date.

When saying "decouple" I mean eliminate uneeded linkages, for example Programatic
linkages; I, of course, did not mean ordinary, common, simple internet linkages.

When you ask for volunteers that must have Drupal experience, or php, or Javascript, or
Servlet exprience, you really cut down on your pool of possibile volunteers.

Rex