[clue] HTPC systems?

Mike Stanczyk stanczyk at pcisys.net
Sat Jul 7 13:04:57 MDT 2012

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012, Sean Leblanc wrote:

> Anyone out there that has built - or bought - HTPC systems?

Both?  I've got a modded Xbox, running XBMC, as a mythtv front end and
a Neuros Link for generic media playing.

My Mythtv backend is an OLD release so it doesn't play well with current
fronend clients.  The xbox can play recordings fine but the Link can't.
I need to rebuild my backend.

The Neuros Link (http://www.neurostechnology.com/) has been awesome.  Mine
is a prototype Link (Missing Link?) I bought from Neuros when they cleaned out
the R&D lab.  Same as a current Link just bigger and louder.  Plays iso files
well.

> Anyone have hardware/software to recommend? I'd like to use some flavor of Linux, and I know for sure I'd want to run MAME and other emulators on it.

I've used Mame but not on the Link.  I have a GP2X that runs Mame for some
games.  Pay CLOSE attention to your game requirements.  I have a game or
two that requires a Mame version not available for my GP2X.  *sigh*

Mike