[clue] Webmaster.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Jun 14 22:32:00 MDT 2012

Is anyone interested in helping keep the CLUE web site up to date?  If you see something below you
can do but don't want to take on the whole thing just say so--the parts are easily separable.

Here's what we have:

The current site is custom PHP/HTML stored in CVS.  It can be edited by logging in to the server,
editing the files (probably with a text mode editor), checking them in and running the publish
script.  So some command line, CVS, and HTML are the required skills.  Editing doesn't require much
more than changing the existing text.

We also have a Drupal site.  I haven't figured out what it takes to edit it but it should be point
and click.  But for that to be useful we should make it official.  My ideas on what that will take
are in the fourth paragraph at

http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue-admin/2012-March/004212.html

In both cases we have to update the information to reflect our new location and such.  Some of that
is done on our current site but there's some cleanup left.

Jed Baer put together our PHP and HTML and did a really good job.  Since then although we've had
some people volunteer we haven't found anyone who had the skill and actual time to follow through on
keeping things up to date.  So it's been done by Dennis and now me when it absolutely couldn't wait.

Even if you want to pay attention to what's at the site and suggest changes/improvements, that would
be helpful.

I should also say that if the current site stays around long enough it will get put in git and
shared out to the world.  That would make the editing and testing easier.

Thanks for thinking about it and doing what you can!