[clue] Fun and Free Programming Classes

Larry Sawyer lsawyer at scsdenver.com
Mon Jun 18 16:34:49 MDT 2012

Hello all,

On the programming subject several weeks ago, I inquired about some fun ways to learn a programming language. Many of you may already know, but I didn’t see the below option in any responses:

http://www.codecademy.com/

            Teaches Java Script (as well as several others (codecademy.com/learn <http://www.codecademy.com/learn> )) by walking you through creating a BlackJack game (Other tutorials are also available).

https://www.coursera.org/course/ml

Something I thought looked fun, a free Stanford Machine Learning class. Not sure how much coding is involved, but you get credits.

The professor’s class is also available on Youtube.com <http://www.youtube.com/>  by searching for “Machine Learning (Stanford)”.

Best regards,

Larry Sawyer

IT Consultant